Sunday, February 21, 2010

Happy Birthday to our wonderful sweet Mother!

Elder Wilfor Woodruff said, "Some labor this side of the veil, others on the other side of the veil. If we tarry here we expect to labor in the cause of salvation, and if we go hence we expect to continue our work until the coming of the Son of Man."
I believe that Mom's spirit is comforting and guiding us more then we're aware. Of late I've had more of the urge to call Mom and tell her what is going on in my life. It wasn't until yesterday that I realized that those feelings are probably because she is influencing my life a great deal right now. 
I think we should pay attention to when Mom comes to mind out of nowhere and give heed to those thoughts, because it just might be that she is with you. 
The memory that I wanted to share today of Mom was of Mom's overall attitude toward people. Mom always had time for people. Whether it was Jack that was constantly at our house or Ivonne Cranson dropping by to pick up Joel from our house, or going by to get "Fry's bucks" to support the orchestra and visiting with Jackie Johnson for what seemed like hours (while we were waiting in the car). Mom loved people. This quality reflects the charity that she carried with her at all times and how she is a Christlike person. She taught compassion and love in every hug and kind word she gave- which as we all know, is a lot. 
I love you all!

No comments:

Post a Comment